PRIVATE ACCESS MEANS PRIVATE ACCESS

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

i dont think it would have been.

this is something that goes on TOO MUCH!!!

as i said in my first post, anglers are one of the biggest offenders of trespassing.....posts like this might make someone think twice about doing it.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

slushpuppy wrote:If you knew exactly who this person was, a PM would have been sufficient.
:idea:
Brit
Participant
Participant

Post by Brit »

BTS I will be as diplomatic in my reply as possible in reply to your post.

Firstly I want to reiterate that this allegation of your could have been cleared up if you had PM'd me.Instead you took the time of posting it as a subject,which has in turn led to further demeaning comments towards me from other members on this site.

These allegations of yours are totally unfounded,and I only wish that I could have been privy to the post when it first came out so I could have defended myself immediately and that inturn may have stopped the further derogatory comments.However unfortunately I have been busy at work and unable to see the posts on the site,I just want you to know that my silence is not an addmission of guilt...as some of you out there having sampled your comments will no doubt believe.

On derby day (Saturday) I recall you telliing me after I asked you that access to the lake area we were fishing, could not be accessed via the nearest shoreline as all access points were on public property.

I then asked you where I could get on the lake at a public access point,you directed me to 9th Line (Grasshopper Point),which is located at least three times the distance than the nearest shoreline.

On Sunday (the following day) at 530am I gained access to the lake from 9th Line and not from the private area you pointed out to me.The access road I took had no signage of any sorts and from the large amount of track marks it was obviously the public access you spoke about.So I proceed to the fishing spot and fished for the morning.

I then left the area at 0930am and exited from the same point, and drove home along 9th Line.

At no time did I enter private property,and as far as I am concerned the information you have received is wrong and I can assure you that it is incorrect.

I attended the lake in my truck which is red,I did not take my ATV on this occasion.The reason I asked you the best legal access point was so I could take my truck on the ice.

One poster implies that you saw me leave the area while you were in a grocery store.....where is that store? Because I can assure you there was not one in the area I was.

At this time I am offended by your comments which as stated has generated further unwarranted, baseless comments from other members reflecting upon my occupation, my cultral background and on a lighter side my worthyness to wear a Fish-Hawk hat.

You have relied upon what I can see to be third hand information(hearsay evidence if you want to get legal),that I can assure you is a dangerous thing to do as it has now generated a false perception of my character to other site members,who will now probably not give me the time of day.

Taking it to the endth degree ...perhaps I could show you my gps which I had running that morning in order to get me to 9th Line as I had no idea where I was going.This would show you the route I took......but no wait ...I hear you thinking .....he could have done that journey at a later date and made up that evidence.

At the end of the day...you think of me as you will and that goes for the rest of you. I just hope that the few Hawkers out there that know me realise that I just dont go trespassing on peoples property and that this incident could have been resolved in some other manner,instead of being plastered over this site.

Yes I am pee pee as you might see and if you do realise a mistake has been made then I will accept an apology
Brit
Participant
Participant

Post by Brit »

BTS forget the remarks made re the grocery store having read it again..it implies you got your fish from there.....in different circumstances that post would be funny
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Brit,

The time is now 6:28 pm :oops:
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

Brit,
I bet a few people a feeling pretty sheepish now.. :) Im glad you spoke up, some a pretty quick to jump on the band wagon around here without knowing actual circumstances.
bts
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bts »

Well Brit, I was not there on Sunday morning to see where you came on the ice. As I said when I came to the lake later that day I was stopped and told that my buddy that fished beside me Saturday had come through the park and onto the ice to fish there again early Sunday morning.

I am not about to call anybody a liar.
Brit
Participant
Participant

Post by Brit »

Well your last post says it all...you were not there,yet you see fit to post a subject which includes information that you have obtained third hand.

You have damaged my integrity not only as a member of this site but more importantly as a police officer,with your rantings.

I would have given you more respect if you had offered me a public apology based on the information I had given you and the basis of your last reply.

I have also taken note that this post of yours has now been viewed nearly 1500 times,nearly double the amount of the next closest subject.How do you think that makes me feel having the slander generated about me, being viewed by the world and other possible colleagues.

At least one person who shall remain nameless has come forward with an apology...that goes a long way.He admits that relying on third hand info is wrong.

How would you like to be charged with an offence based on hearsay evidence?

Unless you have anything based on fact in future can I suggest that you keep that horizontal slit to the front of your face shut in future before you go on another character assasination.

I have in the past been observed other 'Bitchy' threads on this site and have cringed at some of the posts....but now I have been subject to one,I can see how out of hand they can get.

I feel I have said all I can and unless someone else wants to discredit me then this will be my last post on this subject.
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

I'll awkwardly and perhaps improperly put myself within this situation.

Seems some facts were not exact. No doubt integrity and personal self respect are, if not on the line, in question.

I'd take a step back gents, cool down. Forget the comments and statements posted and settle it as gentlemen. Regardless of any comments posted, the true situation remains between 2 gents.

I'd, in my unusuall politically correct behaviour, suggest we let the gentlemen work it out as gentlemen and not add to the problem. I'm confident, given, no outside instigation, inflammation or degradation, will allow this situation to be resolved civily.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Brit: Sent you a PM!!
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

An apology, in this public forum, in capital letters, and a retraction of the original comments by all who made them would be the gentlemanly thing to do. While you're at it, do the same in your buddy's private forums.

Way to go Brit, I think I would have used much more colourful language if I were in your place (as I'm sure my fishing partner can attest to :wink: )
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Slushy,

Interesting course of action by making 2 negative references at a fairly active group in your store.....just an observation.... :

RJ
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Another observation....

Nowhere did anyone identify who the guy was....99% of people who read it had no clue at all.... :lol:
Jebby
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jebby »

hay all i realize lots of u are mad at lots of u but cummon this is a great site lets let it go bobber think we can end this thread?
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

Thanks for the observations RJ, but there were actually 3. And everyone is a customer.