Naming of Locations on Fish-Hawk

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

bm_attar wrote:
RJ wrote:I fished Newboro Lake on the weekend. Fill yer boots fellas.
:lol: :lol:

I'd rather you talk about your carping secret spots. Oh, wait, I can ask Jeff about those :-)

BM
My Carp spots are hardly a secret....you know them all.... :lol:
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

How about a Gar spot secret???

:lol:

(can't blame a guy for trying!)
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Jimmy_1 wrote:How about a Gar spot secret???

My lord Jimmy.....they arent secrets. Its the Ottawa River. :lol: ...it's full of the damn things! if you launched your boat and went to look instead of asking youd find em... :lol:

RJ

P.S. I do know of one good one.....it'll be in Prospect in a short time....but she ain't biting no more. :lol:
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

RJ wrote:
Jimmy_1 wrote:How about a Gar spot secret???

My lord Jimmy.....they arent secrets. Its the Ottawa River. :lol: ...it's full of the damn things! if you launched your boat and went to look instead of asking youd find em... :lol:

RJ

P.S. I do know of one good one.....it'll be in Prospect in a short time....but she ain't biting no more. :lol:
I walked all along the Ottawa river behind the Victoria Island bridge and the museum at lunch....saw NO gar in the shallows...

I did see two topless young ladies on the rocks though.... :shock:
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Jimmy_1 wrote: I did see two topless young ladies on the rocks though.... :shock:
Well it's about time you put a report then Jimmy..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

fatluke wrote:
Jimmy_1 wrote: I did see two topless young ladies on the rocks though.... :shock:
Well it's about time you put a report then Jimmy..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I would but I forgot my camera at home.....

They were "this BIG"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

RJ wrote:
Wasn't the name of that particular lake his "secret" as well?...and his willingness to share his "secret" his decision?

In theory yes, but we all know he wasn't doing it to share "his" secret.... If he was the only one who knew about it, I'd be more inclined to agree.

E
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Jimmy_1 wrote:
fatluke wrote:

They were "this BIG"

Actually it would have been "deemed inappropriate" for fish-hawk........ but good to know where they're schooling up....

Thanks for the report.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

lapointeric wrote:
RJ wrote:
Wasn't the name of that particular lake his "secret" as well?...and his willingness to share his "secret" his decision?

In theory yes, but we all know he wasn't doing it to share "his" secret.... If he was the only one who knew about it, I'd be more inclined to agree.

E
Reading my next sentence will tell you why he did it. But that's my opinion.
IgglesD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by IgglesD »

This is the Internet, not really the best spot for secrets or secret lakes. Post pics and draw attention to it, people will find out.....If secrets are meant to be secrets don't type or talk about it.....Ask Tiger.
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

RJ wrote:
Reading my next sentence will tell you why he did it. But that's my opinion.

I'm sorry, I only read (and then quote) the sentences that help my argument. :wink:

Ya, I and I kind of agree with you, but shouldn't a fisherman be allowed to brag a little? I mean I post pics from my "musky creek", and I would be shattered if someone identified it.... so, should I just stop posting my pics then? That doesn't seem right...

E
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Jimmy_1 wrote:
fatluke wrote:

They were "this BIG"

I know I'm going to get in trouble for this. Erase my reply if necessary.

(*) (*)
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

There is no reason for people to stop posting reports.....but when ya play with fire....every now and then ya get burnt.

IgglesD.....ask Tiger. I like it... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

when i post pics and name the body of water in which i caught them, i never give the correct name of the lake. but everyone does that right? or did everyone think i actually caught those nice lakers in Muskrat. :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
Fisherman are the biggest liars.
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

Everything I have posted on here in the past year or 2 was done with a purpose or had a meaning that had to do with the content of this site in the Fishing Talk section. Some may have been able to see these reasons or meaning ...others not...but they where never stated by myself.

Mr Jackson did put is finger on one aspect of it though. I choose to name the lakes and Rivers I fished all the time including one of the so called ''X" lake in this case... and I don't see why not. I had the privilege to be invited by a friend at work to one of these X lake. Nobody can clame the rights to fish or to own any lake exclusively including one of the X lake series. Again, I do believe the lake in question is safe and it good hands because it is private and well kept. If a fellow Hawkers gives me the right or the privilege to fish a special lake and ask me to keep it a secret....I will do just that. This was not the case in my previous and recent post.
I still believe there was another reason other than "damage to the fisheries" why this lake was named X all that time....and honestly I don't like it. (I will keep this to myself also)

Yan Rochon