Ducks over Sens in 4

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
CrappieKeith
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CrappieKeith »

1st off normware sounds like a virus like malware or just an idiot.

the Twins are an American League team that won the World Series Twice,so who are the bluejays.shows me how much you pretend to know.

There's no fish up the in the rideau canal and all of the good fisherman are over in Quebec.

the Sens are going to get there butts whooped from sheer power unlike anything they've seen this year.

I'll hate to hear your whimpering once the cup comes to it's home. The US has owned it & will continue too.

If it's hockey you want to teach me then you had better have won a state championship in high school like myself & team mates did & you had better have gone to college and won a championship like we did in the WCHA.
I was a winger and in my day could play with the best off them.
I still play in a 40 and over league which our team took 1st place 2 years ago. so do you want to beat on my lil 15" crappies which are world class or 13" gills that are world class or maybe the 40" pike or the 50 " ski's or the 30" plus " walleyes.

you know nothing yet you seem to be all so full of yourself. You should stop & look in the mirror & get real.

There were no personal attacks until you opened your yap.
You just couldn't keep it clean !

Have fun looser.
kunobasski
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Sens & Crappie K

Post by kunobasski »

Chum, You are the one over board?

Let me assume a thing about Americans, wait thats to nasty. Let me assume about stereo typical americans like yourself ...being you so choose to bring up American culture and ever so slightly insinuate your very well know alpha male world domanace in every thing from attaking far off countries to sports like fishing and hockey....

Fact is, like your war on terror, I believe your the one trying to pick a fight with what you would call "insurgance"....In Canadian words thats simply one character having a different opinion with another....But we don't poke fingers and pour fuel on the fire to start a situation that knowbody wants....

get over yourself, you called it on, take it like a true sportsman....

All I hear Is wahhh...wahhhhhhh........where's my teddy bear, I'm scared that the big bad ottawa senators is going to get a little glory in a sport dominated by mostly europeans, canadians....and oh yeah, like 3% Americans.......

I hear alot of talk chum about your angling prowess and how you can catch those big ole slabs....but I have played hockey and fished with alot of americans myself.....they sure do talk a big game, but come show time every excuse in the book is beat'in silly on why its did'nt go your way....

by the way.....do you remember a little thing that happened in 1812....Hammered on ya's........looks like its going to happen again!!!!!!

Oh say can you see, by the shine of the cup, that Alfie is carrying, after winning yup yup.....

Thank you for your time and have a great day.........
Militant Kunopaski
CrappieKeith
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CrappieKeith »

Well that was better at least there was no personal attack.

As to the war I never said it was ok.
Your making a ton of assumtions pal about me when you know nothin!

I'll make you a deal Sens win I'll leave this site. You sure as heck are much better than I .The ducks win & you leave this site.It would be a lot better without you twos.
This was meant for the virus malware not you others .He made it personal.
I was talking hockey and all of a sudden I'm the goat.Get a life.
You want to talk about politics.I deal with a lot of canadians & they are unhappy with their gov so you want to point fingers.
look on your side of the border.
People that live in glass house should not throw stones.

I'll tell you what I'll just go now.I'm tired of bantering with problem children and don't worry it's for good

This was fun but you have shown you real colors.
I hope you are happy with yourselves.
I can't believe I came here to join what I thought were nice people.How wrong I was.
Say what you want after this next statment.I'll not read it I'm gonzo.
Seeya loosers.
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Sigh...c'mon guys...it's a game we're talking about here.

It is a good site Keith, lots of good folks. Including Normware. Knowing him I can say his comments were meant in a joking manner, he's just got one of those senses of humour.

No one has to leave the site. If you guys really want to have a gentlemans bet with honour at stake....

I'd recommend, if Ottawa wins, Keith you go out on a very public street with a sign saying you love Ottawa, etc and snap a pic. Vica versa for Norm.

Let's keep this in the spirit of sportsmanship and a harmless wager rather than outright anger.

Remember...it's just a game...

Btw, Keith, last Canadian team to win \Stanley was Montreal in...ummm 82? Round there anyhow... :lol:
kunobasski
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Kieth

Post by kunobasski »

Tell you what,
why don't you re-post those crappie pictures, AGAIN for like the 8th time...that would make you fell better, would'nt it?

You said yourself that you can't believe your not getting "slammered" for calling down on a local NHL team......What did you expect?

However, when any conflict arose in opposition to your pro-Ducks sentimants you turn all defensive and cry foul.

And your the very assuming one...insinuating that "we" or I know nothing... about anything....

i guess we'll see won't we.....

Kuno
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Keith,

Sorry you took it so hard and personal. but if you check your fourth post
You did ask to be slammed:

'd just as soon see the series go to 7.I think the drama that builds is worth watching.

You guy's have been going easy on me. Personally I thought I was going to get slammed hard.
Canadians are such so nice.
I guess thats why I like coming to this site.

I hope you guys win it as it would make some history for you.
I hate the Ducks!
Fun bantering with you boyz!
And to clear up some things.

The Toronto Blue Jays really did win 2 world series.

The word looser in the manner in which you applied it, is spelled loser.

The word looser is the opposite of tighter. As in " I lost some weight and my pants are looser, so I need to tighten my belt. "

Calling me malware - a virus was a good shot. Showed some creativity. Did I get offended - no. As K-Pin and others can attest, I enjoy a good riposte (see definition at end of post). That's the point of this thread is it not?

Whether you stay or go is up to you.

But you need to grow a thicker skin.

RIPOSTE - DEFINITION

noun - A spirited, incisive reply: comeback, repartee, retort. See ask/answer.

verb - To speak or act in response, as to a question: answer, rejoin, reply, respond, retort, return. See ask/answer.
CrappieKeith
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CrappieKeith »

It was a bad day yesterday. No excuse!
You are right on all account Normware ,my bad.
I'm glad you took the time to answer.
I guess I had it coming to me.
See ya!
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Sens in 4...

Duck season has opened up a bit early :lol:
CrappieKeith
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CrappieKeith »

yup & I got winged,nothing fatal though.

Since it's me against every canuck in Can. I'm sure to be plucked & stuffed by the end of the series.

One thing about a Senator is that they are all talk and when they do pass something it's usually gas,& your taxes go up.
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

easy

Post by Seabass81 »

This is getting a little harsh! Both teams are great(GO OTTAWA) , But whether you are anerican or canadian we can all agree on one thing! LEAFS SUCK AND DARCY TUCKER IS A WHINNY BABY!

On another note a few years back the ducks held a practice on the canal and I got some great video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94UWnGzRk9E

Seabass
CrappieKeith
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CrappieKeith »

maybe you missed the 1st game....

Anaheim 3, Ottawa 2

Preview - Box Score - Recap - Series Breakdown - Highlights

By IRA PODELL, AP Sports Writer
May 29, 2007

AP - May 29, 12:08 am EDT
More Photos

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) -- When a bouncing puck found Travis Moen in the slot, he was every bit as dangerous as Teemu Selanne, instead of the checker he's paid to be.

Moen wasted no time and snapped a shot past Ray Emery with 2:51 left, giving the Ducks a 3-2 victory over the Senators in the Stanley Cup finals opener Monday night. Moen's fifth of the playoffs came after Ryan Getzlaf's tying goal 11:25 earlier erased the 2-1 lead Ottawa carried into the third period.

Rob Niedermayer kept the play alive with a sweeping move behind the net, then nudged the puck in his checking linemate's direction.

"It was kind of bouncing and I got lucky," Moen said. "I caught it on the way down, got a lucky shot and it went in. It was huge.

"I think every kid dreams of scoring a goal to win a game in the Stanley Cup final."

ADVERTISEMENT

The 36-year-old Selanne, playing in the finals for the first time in his 14-year career, was goalless. He led the Ducks this season with 48 goals and 94 points.

In the first matchup of the teams this season, Moen, along with Niedermayer and Samuel Pahlsson, held Ottawa's top line of Daniel Alfredsson, Jason Spezza and Dany Heatley to two assists and handed the Senators their first series-opening loss in these playoffs.

Mike Fisher staked Ottawa to a 1-0 lead in the first period with a power-play goal on the Senators' first shot, and defenseman Wade Redden also scored on the man advantage in the second.

Andy McDonald netted a goal in the first for the Ducks, who will look to take a 2-0 lead at home on Wednesday night.

The Senators appeared ready to win their first Stanley Cup finals game since the franchise was reborn in 1992, but the Ducks fought back and stole it away. Ottawa lost only one game in each of its other three playoff series and now faces its first deficit.

"I thought we came out pretty good the first 10 minutes," Heatley said. "After a layoff, you can't duplicate game situations. I don't think we're using it as an excuse, I just don't think we played up to our capabilities."

Ottawa went without a shot from the 5:36 mark of the first until the end of the period and finished with three.

"It's not so much what they did, it's what we didn't do as a line," Spezza said. "We didn't have as much jump."

Jean-Sebastien Giguere made 18 saves overall to improve to 10-3 in the playoffs. Getzlaf's goal put the Ducks in a great position: Anaheim is 13-0 in the playoffs when scoring at least twice.

Then Moen put them right where they want to be -- ahead in the finals.

As thrilled as the sellout crowd was in the arena, it was nowhere near the excitement back in Saskatchewan, where his family and friends camped out in front of the TV to see him play.

"I know my mom had 15, 20 people over watching," he said.

Even after grabbing an early lead, Ottawa goalie Ray Emery and the rest of the Senators showed a bit of rust in the first period following an eight-day layoff.

After leaving juicy rebounds and looking a bit unsteady in his crease, Emery bounced back in the second period, stopping all 10 Anaheim shots, including one he grabbed out of the air as it threatened to bound past him.

Redden broke a 1-1 tie in the middle frame, making up for losing the puck in the opening period that led to McDonald's tying goal.

It was nearly enough to give the Senators a win in their first venture out of the Eastern time zone since March. Ottawa fell to 7-2 on the road in the playoffs.

"We didn't get the puck on them. We didn't have the jump. It's not easy when you have that many days off," Spezza said. "We didn't give our best effort and still had a chance to win. We were in it right to the end and it says a lot about our team."

The Ducks, off five days since eliminating Detroit, seemed to take control after McDonald tied it, but gave back the momentum to the Senators by taking penalties. That is a common theme for Anaheim, the NHL's most-penalized team during the regular season at 17.8 minutes a game.

It could've been even worse for the Ducks in the second period, but they were able to kill off a 5-on-3 disadvantage that lasted 1:35 -- and nearly scored a goal that would've haunted Emery.

With the seconds dwindling on the power play, Emery came far out of his net to save time and fired the puck up ice. The pass was intercepted by Getzlaf outside the blue line, but his quick attempt at a strange empty-net goal went wide.

Not only did Moen, Niedermayer and Pahlsson keep Ottawa scoreless during even-strength play, the unit also got 12 shots on goal.

"Five-on-five we played well," Moen said, "the way we wanted to: physical. They got two power-play goals on us and we have to shore that up."

Alfredsson and Spezza, ranked second and third in postseason scoring, teamed to set up Redden's third of the playoffs. Alfredsson had scored a goal in five straight road games, and Spezza had multiple points in six consecutive away from Ottawa, but both streaks were snapped.

The lone bright spot was the Senators' power play broke out of an 0-for-16 slump that spanned the final three games of the Eastern Conference finals against Buffalo.

Emery almost pulled this one out, too. He was left to catch his breath following an acrobatic glove save in the second period, taking a moment to kneel in the crease with his back to the ice and his head gazing upward.

That period played out at such a frantic up-and-down pace that there were no whistles for a span of 6:47 -- showcasing exactly the action the NHL wanted when rules were changed following the 2004-05 lockout. The Ducks turned it up in the third with 14 shots.

As has been Ottawa's style throughout the opening period of series in this year's playoffs, the Senators grabbed an early lead. While Fisher's power-play goal gave them the edge and some jump, Anaheim's hard-hitters took it away.

"I thought we were physical, and as the game went on, we wore their defense down a little bit," McDonald said.

The best lick of the period came from seldom-used Ducks forward Drew Miller, who rammed Redden along the boards to the right of Emery. Redden fell to the ice and coughed up the puck to Teemu Selanne, who fed it into the slot to McDonald for a snap shot past Emery's glove to tie it at 10:55.

While Ducks teammates Scott and Rob Niedermayer grabbed most of the brotherly headlines in Anaheim, Miller exacted a little revenge for his sibling Ryan, the Buffalo Sabres' top goalie who was eliminated by the Senators a round earlier and was in attendance Monday.

Miller spent all season in the AHL and got only 2:15 of ice time in the playoffs before being scratched the previous 11 games. He made the most of his second shift Monday and was rewarded with four more in the second half of the period.

It was the first time in series-opening first periods that the Senators didn't grab a multi-goal lead.
CrappieKeith
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CrappieKeith »

This post sure got quite.....
Sens are doomed!
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

When you can't take what you dish out , people tend to put you on IGNORE!!!
CrappieKeith
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CrappieKeith »

Hey I sucked it up.Can't you read Walleye Boss.Maybe not.

It was a bad day yesterday. No excuse!
You are right on all account Normware ,my bad.
I'm glad you took the time to answer.
I guess I had it coming to me.
See ya!

Sens are going down hahahahahahahahahaha

It's just a game like this post.

There's still life for the Sens,not much though after tonight.
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Seabass81 »

Going down??? TO early to tell. being a huge sens fan its obvious who I want to win. Give the duck credit they came out hard. But the thing ottawa has done so well is adapt to different styles. I think murray has come up with a good strategy. Get ready for tonight!

SB