why are you so rude fish"n"time!!!

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
hawg hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hawg hunter »

im new here and i enjoy the site,ive been a guide on the bay of quinte for 20+ years and have heard just about every ? asked about fishing,all worth a answer and some just told me the person has not fished much .....ive always answered the ? even if i thought it was a silly one,we all must remember we too at one time just started fishing and as you know if you don't ask you won't learn.
the name calling is a big no no,im sure theres lots you don't know fish"n"time,but i bet when you answer a ? of your buds it makes you feel good and that you have helped some-one with your nohow.
thats what these sites are all about a place to brag/show pics and get info
rookies are our future
a warning is for sure needed here a second chance as well BUT 46 OF THEM?????????????????????????????

just my 2 cents folks
taker easy
P.S-the walleye are just starting to bite in picton,another week and Yahooooo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hawg Hunter
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

Welcome HAWG!
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Folks,

I understand that Fish'n'Time has ticked many off and it is understandable for sure. He has now been removed from the board, based on the fact that his response to my first and last warning did not seem to sink in, and his comments on continuing to call 'em as he sees 'em holds true, even after his warning.

Now many of you may have aurgument on the speedyness of my response, and perhaps an apology on my part is due, however please understand that I am the only moderator at this point in time and cannot possibly be here all the time. (In fact I was fishing) I am obligated, by my own rules, to give at least 1 warning to a user to "clean up their act" or be removed. I did this, as per my regular response, and he has been removed.

I do appreciate all of the notifications, as it does help me out in finding the areas that need to be addressed, however as I've said in the past, the best way to deal with people like this is to "ignore" them until I can act on the problem. Leaving the site because of people like this only means that these types of people "win" and we can never have a clean respectable site where people can participate and learn from each other. It's unfortunate for sure, but we all make our mistakes and many of us have already made those mistakes. I give people 1 chance to correct them. If they do, then all is good, if not, then they are removed. In this case, Fish'n'Time decided that he would not change his ways, so he is not welcomed here.

Now, this incident brings up a good point and a questions perhaps. Does Fish-Hawk.Net need more moderators? Is there anyone who would like to be a moderator on Fish-Hawk.Net? I have reservations on this due to past experience and what our past moderators went through, but would consider it during events such as this if others thought it was necessary. Let me know here or send me an e-mail if you'd like. Hopefully we can get back to the relevant content now.

cheers,
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)